Would taking Japanese at KCP prepare me to be a Japanese teacher in the U.S.?

Of course. Learning Japanese at any level offered at KCP will dramatically improve your proficiency.

Keep in mind that, generally, becoming a college professor of Japanese in the U.S. typically requires a master’s degree or a Ph.D. plus extensive coursework in language education. Teaching Japanese at a high school, a less widely-available career option, would also require the appropriate teaching certifications.